JOINT STUDY GROUP

   In cooperation with  our friends at All Saints Church, we have a monthly joint  Bible Study.

  This meets at the Davis Hall Committee Room, on the first Wednesday of each  month at 7.30pm.

HOME

ABOUT  US

CONTACTS

 NEWS-LETTER

NEWS

LINKS

When the Methodist Church was built in 1908, the Sparkford-Ilchester road was little more than a track, but it has now become the A303 — a major trunk road.  The danger this presented to worshippers, together with our isolation from the village, convinced our members that we needed to take a new direction. After much consideration and prayer, and consultation with the Rector and friends from All Saints Church, we have entered into a Building Sharing Agreement with them.  We feel that God has led us in this direction, and that it will enable us to be a more effective witness to our community. Our Methodist worship, with our own preachers, will continue as before, although we hope to have more united services and events.

The chapel was filled to overflowing for our final service on Sunday July 3rd. Friends from many different churches joined us for tea and a service of thanksgiving, as we enter a new chapter of our church’s witness.



A new way forward All Saints Church

The chapel on the A303

Our chapel was filled to overflowing for our final service

Celebration cake, kindly made and donated by our neighbours at The Bakery

Before the service, there was an excellent buffet tea

index